MOLD SOOT CARBON MONOXIDE
*Some of the free amenities that came with our new Ryan Homes Town House: Mold, Soot, Carbon Monoxide. Which led to fetal demise/miscarriage, tumors, Hashimotos Syndrome, near death experiences, chronic health issues, and total financial ruin including imminent home foreclosure. Most of it because Ryan Homes refused to fix the damages they knew they caused from negligence, because and I quote "there's nothing you can do" to Ryan Homes.
Some companies have the stability and experience to correct and/or resolve difficult situations that arise. While another breed of companies have the strength and stability to tell customers they're too big to be accountable, and do nothing but hide and bury their mistakes. Guess which type you're about to read about here.
Purposes Of This Site
Final comments from our final contact with customer service:
"Even if we determine we are responsible for the defects and damages to your home, we will NOT make any repairs to your home"
"Ryan Homes is a large well organized company. We know how to deal with matters like this."
This was untrue. They have no mechanism to deal with people who won't take no for an answer. The refusal to repair the damages from well documented home construction defects has cost them over 1000 times more in losses than just doing the repairs at first contact. Even knowing this, the ego and narcissism very apparent in our customer service experience that still resides at the executive level leaves a sad realty. NVR inc / Ryan Homes is incapable of doing the right thing to address our issues. Hopefully others will fare better from what we've done here.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Our Mission Statement
Documentation and external links
This site is not for profit. Please help us keep prospective homebuyers fully informed!
Defects and Damages
Our story with pictures
Photo: (Top right)
Blown Cellulose insulation in the attic of our townhouse, in Glen Allen Va. This insulation is comprised of various waste paper products with small bits of plastics waste. We know the material is typically chemically treated, (boric acid) to reduce flammability, (although this material has burned in two of my homes now) and still contains the chemicals used during its original processing as newspaper, magazines and such, which included inks and binders that may become poisonous and carcinogenic with prolonged high level inhalation exposure or ingestion. The insulation material is generally not considered hazardous material, but unprotected exposure for 23 1/2 hours or more, average per day for a period of years through the unsealed HVAC system, requires a different consideration in exposure analysis.
|Pictured left: Close-up view of our cellulose insulation. Of particular concern, a fine moss-like material can be seen within the miscellaneous shredded papers. This low density material moves and becomes suspended with the slightest movement of air. Manufacturers claim it is less likely to become airborne than fiberglass. This particular part of the insulation material has covered virtually every surface inside our home, and clogs air filters 300%-1000% (latter number primarily as soot) faster than their recommended usable life in the home. We don't know whether the moss like material comes from natural degradation of the cellulose, is a normal by-product of the shredding process, or is some sort of microorganism contaminate. I found the material highly irritating to the eyes, nose and throat, and it caused skin irritation similar to wool fiberglass.|
All material written and copyrighted by Ronald Reed Jackson unless otherwise indicated. First publish date and copyright, August 2001-2013
*This site is not affiliated in any way with NVR Inc. There is more than one Ryan Homes in the U.S. . This site is about the home builder that operates under NVR Inc. The builder discussed in this informative article was founded by Edward Ryan in 1948.
All company names and logos are property of their respective owners